Alicia Clifford, LCSW-R, MHt, BCD
Since 2001, Alicia has had the privilege of professionally assisting others as they navigate mental health symptoms, interpersonal struggles, traumatic experiences, crisis situations, and their quests for personal growth, development, and discovery. Alicia has extensive training and experience in the treatment of trauma, anxiety, depression, and the impact of adverse childhood experiences. Alicia is well-equipped to assist you in resolving the impact of complex trauma experiences, as she has had the privilege of participating in countless specialized trainings, as well as the honor of partnering with individuals recovering from their trauma as they reclaim their experiences of safety, boundaries, personal power, and peace, for nearly two decades.
In psychotherapy, Alicia is able to draw upon her extensive years of experience working with children, teens, and adults in college, residential treatment, and outpatient mental health settings. Most recently, Alicia served as the Director of Clinical Services at Liberty Resources, a large mental health clinic addressing a wide range of mental health and substance use concerns and disorders. In your work with Alicia, you will find that your care is individualized, validating, compassionate, and driven by YOU and your goals for yourself and your life. Alicia is a supportive, insightful, and skilled partner who can be by your side as you process the past, make the changes you desire in the present, release limiting beliefs, and move in the direction of a bright and fulfilling future!
As a Master Hypnotherapist, Alicia offers a unique experience resulting from her various training and experience. Alicia's experience in the field of mental health, combined with her training and practice in Reiki and intuitive practices, allows for an enhanced Transpersonal Hypnotherapy experience for clients. While no hands-on healing is used during hypnosis sessions, healing energy is guided from a distance to the client and within the hypnotherapy space to allow stronger outcomes. Intuitive guidance will allow Alicia to further enhance each client's hypnosis script to achieve their highest and greatest potential.
- Certified Master Hypnotherapist, National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-R), New York State Office of Professions
- Master of Social Work, Syracuse University
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (BCD)
- Extensive experience treating individuals impacted by trauma, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and childhood trauma
- Extensive experience assisting individuals in the resolution of symptoms of trauma, depression, anxiety, phobias, interpersonal problems, problematic behaviors, and undesired habits
- Advisory Board Member; The Compassionate Friends Central New York Chapter (2012 to Present)
- Member: Onondaga County Suicide Prevention Coalition
- Trainer: Risking Connection, The Traumatic Stress Institute (2009-2014)
- Trainer: Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, trained by Cornell University, (2010-2014)
- Intensively Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy by Behavioral Tech (2008)
40-Hour Divorce Mediation Training Certificate, Association of Conflict Resolution (2003)
Usui and Karuna Reiki Master and Teacher